CONFUSED

Hi,

Last year I downloaded a free program which coloured black & white photo's, since then I have lost a lot of my programs due to a

computer crash. I have paint.net but it does not seem to be the right program. The one I was using had a palette down the right side

with colours for skin, wood, lips, eyes etc etc, all you had to do was to pick the paint brush and draw a line around an object, pick a colour and press colour and it would then fill in the shape. After some practice i got some pretty great results, now all you Paint.net users out there can you tell me if I was using Paint.net or another program as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks guys

James

Please use descriptive thread titles and refrain from SHOUTING, thank you.

Please edit it (click Edit on your post, then Use Full Editor) or I or another mod will have to close this thread.

Adding to what Sarkut said, you may want to add something to your search query about coloring or colorizing.

If you could describe the icon for the program, that would help find it as well.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hi,

Last year I downloaded a free program which coloured black & white photo's, since then I have lost a lot of my programs due to a

computer crash. I have paint.net but it does not seem to be the right program. The one I was using had a palette down the right side

with colours for skin, wood, lips, eyes etc etc, all you had to do was to pick the paint brush and draw a line around an object, pick a colour and press colour and it would then fill in the shape. After some practice i got some pretty great results, now all you Paint.net users out there can you tell me if I was using Paint.net or another program as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks guys

James

To reiterate, it was not PDN, however PDN can do all that... and so much more. The program you refer to sounds as though it had a bunch of ready made textures to overlay into your selections. PDN works well with textures also. Perhaps have a small play around with PDN, read some of the tutorials and then decide as to whether or not PDN is right for you. I thought I downgraded on quality big time when I went from Photoshop to PDN - now I honestly feel as though I upgraded!

naturesig.png

Hi,

Thanks guys

James