flourishes

Hi

I'm very new to computer graphics, and have problems with my hands,I am trying to make flourishes but using my attempt at free hand is never going to work. has anyone got a plugin for this kind of work , I have tried using the tool that allows you to make curves but it just wont give me the shapes I need, can anyone give me some pointers, thank you in advance.:D

When you do a flourish that has many curves, I use the line tool with rounded ends & I only do a small bit at a time putting each new bit on a new layer so that I can position it exactly. After a few layers that I am happy with, I merge them down. Also try Mirror Plugin. Sometimes it is useful & you can cut the mirrored section & paste it in a new layer so position it more precisely. Also, I always use the right mouse button for curves.

The is the volutes plugin, but it doesn't do it for me.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

When you do a flourish that has many curves, I use the line tool with rounded ends & I only do a small bit at a time putting each new bit on a new layer so that I can position it exactly. After a few layers that I am happy with, I merge them down. Also try Mirror Plugin. Sometimes it is useful & you can cut the mirrored section & paste it in a new layer so position it more precisely. Also, I always use the right mouse button for curves.

The is the volutes plugin, but it doesn't do it for me.

hello and thanks for answering ,is the line tool with the rounded ends in the program or is it a plug in, im not sure what you mean about using the right mouse button but ill give it a go , and i assume the volutes plugin is in with the rest, ill give it a go too.boltbait.smile.png

when you select the line tool , you get a set of options across the top, like when you select magic wand- you can set tollerance, and global and such, its in the same place- right above your workwindow. you can select how your lines end- square, rounded, etc and what kind of line- solid, dashes, etc

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

when you select the line tool , you get a set of options across the top, like when you select magic wand- you can set tollerance, and global and such, its in the same place- right above your workwindow. you can select how your lines end- square, rounded, etc and what kind of line- solid, dashes, etc

hi mountnman

thank you so much, i wish i had a folder about this , i hadnt even seen the things i could do with the various tools until you had pointed them out, feel like such a numpty, but cant draw too well freehand anymore and thought this was the way to go and this has really helped,boltbait.smile.png i know im a complete novice but that was simply explained , thanks again.