Inserting text to pictues etc

Apologies i'm a newbie to all this.

I'm trying to insert text into a pixel box of 300 x 600.

I insert the picture no problem but along side the picture i want to insert text. It appears that the text is typing but it is not visible.

Then it appears???? Don't know what i pressed but it appears....how do i default it to just black and so it shows when i type. Also, when saved how do i amend.

Many thanks and apologies for the simple questions.

To answer the questions in reverse:

If you saved the image, then closed Paint.NET, then you can't amend. However, if you haven't closed PDN, just press Ctrl+Z to undo any changes, etc.

Also, you most likely had a selection that you were typing outside of, and then pressed Ctrl+D, which deselects it. Of course, I may have misunderstood your problem; I have a feeling that I have.

To answer the questions in reverse:

If you saved the image, then closed Paint.NET, then you can't amend. However, if you haven't closed PDN, just press Ctrl+Z to undo any changes, etc.

Also, you most likely had a selection that you were typing outside of, and then pressed Ctrl+D, which deselects it. Of course, I may have misunderstood your problem; I have a feeling that I have.

Thanks.

More like i did'nt explain it well. Thanks for part one. Understand now......what does PDN mean tho?

Secondly......best to ask...how do i insert text in a picture...? usually i select the text function and type...i knopw its typing but i cant see the words.

Thanks

Thanks.

More like i did'nt explain it well. Thanks for part one. Understand now......what does PDN mean tho?

Secondly......best to ask...how do i insert text in a picture...? usually i select the text function and type...i knopw its typing but i cant see the words.

Thanks

Type your text on a new layer.

me.png             

Doing these steps will resolve 99% of Text tool not working situations:

In the Layers window, click on the top layer, to make it the active working layer.

Next, add a new layer.

Press the Esc key on your keyboard.

Activate the Text tool, and type.

Edited by Sarkut