Preferred Uploading Website?

Sorry if this is against the "No soliciting rule"...As I understand and read, it shouldn't be. I also apologize if I missed a previous thread already on this topic...I promise I searched. ^_^''

ANYWHO, I'm curious and want some opinions on what photo uploading site you all suggest to use. I know a lot of people say don't use Photobucket. I've tried them Flickr, and Imageshack and was just curious which ya'll preferred and thought was the best. I like Flickr, but every time I try to post pictures on here using Flickr, I get some error message about file types(I think). I've gotten the best results from Photobucket though.

So, I was just curious what you all recommend.

Again, sorry if this break any rules...please lock it or move it or whatever else. =)

Thanks

brokecarsig.jpg

Well I use Photobucket for all my images and dA for my best ones. I suppose you could call it my Premium account as opposed to PB`s bargain basement one!

I also use ImageShack occasionally for what I call `throw away images' - ones that I will be posting once and never need to refer to again. Saves having to clutter up my PB account with rubbish. ;)

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I use Photobucket. Just because all my others are there really. I do place some on deviant art though.

I have seen photobucket resize some of my images, and possibly even degrade the quality slightly, but not all.

I'm curious to see what everyone else dislikes about PB. Not to hijack this thread or anything.

SamusSig-1.png

Now you mention it, I have noticed that PB re-sizes my larger images. I actually uploaded the same 1600x1200 image twice on another forum , first with PB , then with ImageShack. The PB one was re-sized to make it smaller but the IS one was shown at the full size. I guess that`s the only disadvantage I can think of to using PB.

I used to have problems with the pop up containing the codes . It would appear next to the thumbnail of the image but when you tried to highlight a code to copy it,it would disappear too quickly before you had a chance to copy the code properly. Very irritating. But to be fair to PB they have recently updated their website and the copy/paste function and now it is very easy to use. One click and the code is copied. You don`t even have to highlight the text anymore. So well done to them for that. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN