Mouse Cursor Dissapears

abysm

I noticed every time that I go to resize a picture, upon entering the new dimensions and telling it to save the changes, my cursor will dissapear for a few seconds before coming back. Additionally the new file size-estimator # is always several MB's higher than actual.

Currently using 3.5.5 on W7 64-bit but this also occurs on Vista32.

Edited by abysm

It's common practice to hide the mouse cursor while typing. It also will change to a "busy" throbber cursor while it's "thinking" about the resize operation, so maybe your busy cursor is hard to see.

The data size shown in the resize dialog is not the file size, but the uncompressed size in memory.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Not sure about the hard to see I have 20/10 vision according to NASA's physicians and my monitor is a Sony GPD-520 CRT, one of the best ever made for professional color work. My cursor never returns to visible until I move it around a whole bunch. Additionally this does not occur in Photoshop whatsoever when I re-size images and I can see the cursor fine.

The data size shown in the re-size dialog is not the file size, but the uncompressed size in memory.

What is the point of showing the uncompressed size in memory? I thought the purpose of putting an estimated size would be to get an idea of the new file size if saved to the original format of the image.

Edited by abysm

What is the point of showing the uncompressed size in memory? I thought the purpose of putting an estimated size would be to get an idea of the new file size if saved to the original format of the image.

The point is so you know how much RAM it's going to take to have the image open in your editor. Photoshop does the same thing.

You can see the predicted filesize in the Save As configuration dialog.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I think what abysm meant is:

When you open The Resize window and Highlight the Width or Height ( by default the Width is highlighted upon opening) then leave the cursor any where on the canvas or PDN window but not on the Resize window and type your new dimension, you will notice that the cursor disappears and never come back unless you move the mouse randomly to make the cursor pass over the Resize window then it will show up again (or remember where did you leave the cursor then start dragging it to the Resize window to make it appear again) or click Enter.

I noticed this thing just with v 3.5.5 but never with previous versions.

Yes yellowman that occurs as well. I can't exactly get it to disappear completely all the time in the way that I was saying where even _while_ I am moving the cursor around it won't come back for a few seconds, but it does completely I just have to figure out how to replicate it.

Edited by abysm