Bug

Completley unrealistic but tried to open 85 pictures, opened quite a few and crashed when the page file ran out and had to be increased

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.0 (Alpha 1 Release build 3.0.2477.19867)

Time of crash: 14/10/2006 21:36:11

Application uptime: 00:08:21.2187500

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x86

Processor: 1x Intel® Pentium® M processor 2.13GHz

Physical memory: 511 MB

Locale: reg: n/a, cc: en-GB, cuic: en-GB

Exception details:

System.OutOfMemoryException: CreateDIBSection returned NULL (0) while attempting to allocate 2048x1536 bitmap

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Memory.AllocateBitmap(Int32 width, Int32 height, IntPtr& handle)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.Allocate(Int32 width, Int32 height, IntPtr& handle, Boolean allowRetry)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.Allocate(Int32 width, Int32 height, IntPtr& handle, Boolean allowRetry)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)

at PaintDotNet.Surface..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)

at PaintDotNet.Surface..ctor(Size size)

at PaintDotNet.DocumentWorkspace.OnDocumentChanged()

at PaintDotNet.DocumentView.DocumentSetImpl(Document value)

at PaintDotNet.DocumentView.set_Document(Document value)

at PaintDotNet.AppWorkspace.OpenFileInNewWorkspace(String fileName)

at PaintDotNet.AppWorkspace.OpenFilesInNewWorkspace(String[] fileNames)

at PaintDotNet.MainForm.ProcessQueuedInstanceMessages()

at PaintDotNet.MainForm.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at PaintDotNet.Startup.Start()

at PaintDotNet.Startup.Main(String[] args)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing is I prefer the color selector on 2.72 (darker/ brighter colors)

x1pbglk-vqL4BtzlwthlT5LoSzzBOD_oeSciYz1Bw9cnR_Yy5iVoYMn7j7bB7sohjrll5JnefMFUty5emLIo_LKI-8vZSHwWZHr_e3EY4jMxlFq8KlYCrtdY-NM7D1jpTMSY00677SojlXb0UYJPIgpi9O4ppiAV8Po

also can you put a block on the last tab open being closed, so that there is always a tab open

I think it's realistic to try and open lots of images. However, it's lame that it crashes instead of giving an error: I've had a bug filed for awhile to go through the app and fix all these crashes. I've added your crash report to the bug so I've got more info to work with.

For the color selector, you can click "More" and get access to all of the sliders.

As for putting a block on the 'x' for the last tab ... well that defeats the point :) Paint.NET is in an interesting positiong of trying to bring tab-based MDI into an area it hasn't really been used before, that of image editing. So while Firefox and Internet Explorer don't have a 'close' button when you're down to 1 tab, I think it's appropriate that Paint.NET does.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg