3.51 WTF?

I hate the new program. It's buggy and never should have been released in this state.

• [*:2pkf8ceh]I already installed 3.5.1, and used it yesterday. Now it's FORCING me to "update" and removing what I just installed. An update is when the current program gets a tweak or a series of tweaks. It does not require REMOVING THE WHOLE PROGRAM AND INSTALLING A NEW ONE. How long is this going to go on? Am I going to have to reinstall 3.5.1 every time I start the program?

• [*:2pkf8ceh]WTF with changing the default resolution to 37 px???? How about at least some big warning that this will happen? All my previous images now look crappy. And I can find s no way to change the default resolution. This is unacceptable.

• [*:2pkf8ceh]The ellipse select tool doesn't work. Select all you want, the dotted lines disappear as soon as you lift off the mouse and you can't copy anything. Well, it didn't work yesterday. Now it works. Maybe there was something wrong with the first install?

• [*:2pkf8ceh]It used to take me two or three minutes to create a simple two-layer image - a logo on the left with some text overlaid in an upper layer on the right. I use this for links, saving as png when done. Yesterday I wasted over a half hour on Paint.Net trying to do this. When I selected an area from an image with a transparent background (using select rectangle and pasted it into a new upper layer of another bigger image, a hard white outline of the entire selection remained around it in the new picture after pasting, and I couldn't t get into any other area of the image. When I clicked the text tool and tried to write, nothing showed up, no matter whether I tried to write in the upper area where the new image was pasted or the background. See attached PDN where I recreated this problem today.

Well apparently I can't attach a PDN. I get "the image you tried to upload is invalid." The select image is shown in PROBLEM-1 which is a screen shot of the selection. On the PDN the select outline shows up in solid white. The white text shown in the PNG simply doesn't show up on the PDN, regardless of whether I click in the upper or lower area. It's like the text tool isn't working once you paste something in. If you convert to a PNG you can write, but not otherwise. Thus you lose all layers. This is maddening. Please fix.

OMG I think I found the problem and solution. Apparently you now have to click the select tool AGAIN, AFTER pasting an image, to "de-select" and get rid of the white outline. I was just clicking directly on the Text Tool, which apparently left the select tool "working." I remember the dotted line remaining and having to click outside with the select tool before other tools would work. But NOW THE SELECTION LINE TURNS SOLID and that completely threw me off. You should let people know this will happen

32095_537a9c3b997ff01031aaf50fee386877

32095_50d84c28124fb222563a99a5dd0f599d

[*]WTF with changing the default resolution to 37 px???? How about at least some big warning that this will happen? All my previous images now look crappy. And I can find s no way to change the default resolution. This is unacceptable.

37pixels/cm = 96pixels/inch. The default has not changed. You may have selected cm somewhere in the interface. Also, changing the DPI will not change the appearance of any images, just the size it prints at on paper.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Wow. Someone's been drinking crazy juice.

It's buggy and never should have been released in this state.

Buggy? No, it isn't. Everything you listed is just you being irrationally mad and refusing to get used to some of the small changes in the new version.

You should let people know this will happen

With what? A phone call? There's the release notes that details everything in the update.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yeah, there's no need to be angry about changes that occurred to a free program.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.