Is it possible to select random pixels?

The title pretty much says it all. Can you select random pixels from an image? The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a plugin that dissolves one image onto another. I got it working with a lot of help from Simon Brown, but I'm not really satisfied with the effect it gives. So if it is possible, could you please post an example on what I should do. Thanks in advance. :D

Well, I looked at your code example, but I'm not sure if it is of any use to me. I assume the part of the code your talking about was this:

if (RandomNumber.Next(255) > 128)
        {
           CurrentPixel = Amount1;
        }

Maybe I'm just not looking at it right, but what I'm trying to do is select a certain number of pixels randomly from a pre-existing image based on an amount the user put in.

Just one second thought:

In EffectPlugin.cs:

Find:

public EffectPlugin()
           : base(EffectPlugin.StaticName, EffectPlugin.StaticIcon, EffectPlugin.StaticSubMenuName,
           EffectFlags.Configurable | EffectFlags.SingleThreaded)
       {
           rand = new Random();
       }

Replace with:

public EffectPlugin()
           : base(EffectPlugin.StaticName, EffectPlugin.StaticIcon, EffectPlugin.StaticSubMenuName,
           EffectFlags.Configurable | EffectFlags.SingleThreaded)
       {

}

Find:

static Random rand;

Replace with:

static Random rand;

protected override void OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
       {
           rand = new Random();
       }

KaHuc.png