Problems saving/extracting .dll files in effects folder

thebiggfella

Hello all. I'm in the process of getting my new pc up and running and am trying to get my PDN plugins sorted. However, when I go to save or extract the downloaded files into the effects folder, I get the following message:

PDNPluginErrorMessage.jpg

I am an administrator on this pc so am unsure why this is occurring. I have spent the last half hour searching other threads but couldn't come up with the solution, hence the cry for help. Sorry if I've missed it. The OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I know the above image relates to the .txt file but it's the same for the .dll file.

I never had this problem on my old laptop which was running XP. It's probably a Vista issue but I have double checked and I am an administrator. Anyone any ideas as to what's causing it? Thanks. Glynn.

Sig1500x145-PDN.png

Just a quick update. I've disabled the User Account Control in Vista and can now save the .dll files in the effects folder. However, I'm still having trouble with the IcoCur file. It's in the effects folder but I still can't save the image as a .ico file. The option isn't showing when I go to 'Save As'. Has anyone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Glynn.

Sig1500x145-PDN.png

Just a quick update. I've disabled the User Account Control in Vista and can now save the .dll files in the effects folder.

You don't need to disable the user account control to fix it - just run WinZip as administrator (although your account can function as administrator, programs don't automatically run as one like in XP.)

KaHuc.png