Error opening .PDN file,file is apparently a .PNG

I have been getting the "there was an error opening file" error when trying to load a certain unfinished image i created just yesterday.

It was a small pixel art piece with no more than two layers.Anyway i saved it as .PDN file,but when i return to open it the file is a PNG :?

I think that might be the reason behind the error as when i opened it in Notepad the nonsence resembled other .PDN files more than that of a .PNG .So then from Notepad i save it as .PDN hoping it would work,but then i load it and get this error "there was an error reading the file from the media".

This topic is my last resort,if you could help me out by solving this or converting the text file into something useable(a simple one layer file would do since the second layer is barely used) that would be awesome,thanks!

Notepad doesn't know how to save binary files. It will do all sorts of nasty things because it's assuming you're giving it text, which is supposed to have certain formatting characteristics that it will then take liberties with.

You should just rename the file in Explorer.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I think the image is probably done for. You can try uploading it here and see if any of us have any luck, but I can't guarantee anything.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Don't put periods in your filenames. Let PDN append the extension for you. Adding periods messes things up.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Don't put periods in your filenames. Let PDN append the extension for you. Adding periods messes things up.

Normaly i do,im pretty sure i didn't do it this time ether.But then again it's ether Paint.nets fault or mine,i think it's more likely to be the later.