Are plugins "ranked"?

Hello all,

I'm visiting the forums again after a long time away, and I'm hunting through the various plugins. I see that some of these have been "stickied", and I'm wondering if these are meant to be the recommended, or most up-to-date, or simply the coolest plugins currently available.

Do the admins have a ranking system? I want to download the good stuff, and avoid redundant plugins if possible.

(I did read the rules, so if I'm asking a question that I somehow missed, I apologize.)

Cheers,

Heather

Excellent question! No, it hasn't actually been asked. At least not often. :-)

In answer to your question: Yes. The Sticky'd plugins in the forum are meant to be the most highly recommended. They're the ones we most frequently recommend because they're either the most popular or the best designed. I'd definitely start downloading there. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Would it be possible to have a voting poll (like on youtube, were you could select a radio button at the end of the article, so that it doesn't clutter so much) then put that in the title somewhere - so people know which are good plugins, or tutorials and can steer clear of ones that have a good name, but do nothing.

Name: Shape 3D (5 star) more people would look at that plugin than one which has 1 star.

We are that ranking system, and you vote using a comment underneath each plugin. :-) The ones people like, we Sticky. The ones people don't, we don't.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.