Blending Text

jeszbby, Type your text on a seperate layer above your background. Lower the transparancy of the color(just enough to see the background come through) of text before you begin typing. Select text (you may need to lower the tolerance level) and run the outline selection plugin from Boltbait

background3sigxz1.png

jeszbby, Type your text on a seperate layer above your background. Lower the transparancy of the color(just enough to see the background come through) of text before you begin typing. Select text (you may need to lower the tolerance level) and run the outline selection plugin from Boltbait

Wow thanks! Lol this whole time I was using "outline object" which made the text looks funky >_>. Anyways, thanks again!

One question, how do I make the edges softer? I wanted the outline width to be 1, but it looks all weird and crooked.

Untitled2.png

Untitled-1.png

I wanted the outline width to be 1, but it looks all weird and crooked.

Untitled2.png

Untitled-1.png

It definitely could be the font that you are trying to use. Each font will be affected differently. Blockier text tends to work best, but you could try and make your text larger than what you need in a new file (different from your background) and resize down until it is less noticeable or try a little feathering to smooth the edges. I hope this helps.

What font are you using? I could try and work out a solution for you.

background3sigxz1.png

I don't think it is. What i think jeszbby wants is to have the text with a blend mode, but the outline without. For this write your text on its own layer (call it text), preferably in white. Then, duplicate it. Call the dup'ed layer text outline. Then, simply use outline object at what ever you feel like, on the text outline layer. Set the text blend mode layer to overlay or something.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.