Installation Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to install Paint.net on my thumb or flash drive, so I can use it more frequently. Currently, it seems to automatically setup on C:\. I've set up other programs to run on the flash drive, and have been successful. What can I do to get Paint.net to run off my flash drive if it's possible?

Sincerely,

The Boomerang Dude

Do bear in mind that you will you lose printing capabilities*, Windows Explorer thumbnails, and registry traces are left behind on the host computer, which true portable applications aim to prevent. What's more, the necessary .NET Framework has to be installed on the host computer first.

This is not officially supported, nevertheless has been recommended before. Basically, do not expect any technical assistance if your portable version goes belly upwards.

Hope this also helps.

*you'll have to save in the regular way then print from another application; Windows Paint comes standard and has a decent printing facility.

Do bear in mind that you will you lose printing capabilities*

Lose?

What's more, the necessary .NET Framework has to be installed on the host computer first.

This may work: http://www.gnu.org/software/dotgnu/pnet.html

*you'll have to save in the regular way then print from another application; Windows Paint comes standard and has a decent printing facility.

Or you could use this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27968

KaHuc.png