My PDN image file got corrupted

-Muiz-

My laptop overheated while i was saving my file

When i tried to open it, it said something like error reading the file or something.

I've been working on the image for about 1 and a half months or so, and the file had i think like 27 or 28 layers

Here is the file if anybody can help https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_spVG_oiRePMBi8EM_E3wvS9KJNMVOZ/view?usp=sharing

I'm afraid your file is unrecoverable @-Muiz-.  Using the /ignoreCorruptPdnChunks command line parameter does not help.

Looking at the header of your .pdn file:

PDN3(¾ <pdnImage width="1500" height="1500" layers="27" savedWithVersion="3.50.3596.41598">

...it is clear that you are using an ancient version of paint.net.

The v3.5.x releases are over 10 years old. I'm afraid that we can't help you on this forum unless you are using the most recent version of paint.net (i.e. 5.0.13), as per the Forum Rules.

35 minutes ago, -Muiz- said:

I've been working on the image for about 1 and a half months or so, and the file had i think like 27 or 28 layers

Backups?

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, -Muiz- said:

I've been working on the image for about 1 and a half months or so

...and  you didn't make regular backups? Ouch.

Before messing with the file, I suggest right clicking on the file in Explorer and selecting RESTORE PREVIOUS VERSIONS. That might save you some trouble.

11 hours ago, Tactilis said:

The v3.5.x releases are over 10 years old. I'm afraid that we can't help you on this forum unless you are using the most recent version of paint.net (i.e. 5.0.13), as per the Forum Rules.

Unfortunately that is the latest version that i can use, since i use windows 7, and upgrading will only make it overheat every 30-40 minutes. Yeah, i don't think anybody can help me.

11 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

...and  you didn't make regular backups? Ouch.

Before messing with the file, I suggest right clicking on the file in Explorer and selecting RESTORE PREVIOUS VERSIONS. That might save you some trouble.

I only have a flattened png file.

Unfortunately, Windows said that there are no previous versions. That was the first thing i tried. and i double checked aswell.

1 hour ago, -Muiz- said:

i use windows 7, and upgrading will only make it overheat every 30-40 minutes

A later version of Windows and a later version of paint. net certainly won't be the direct cause of that.

13 hours ago, -Muiz- said:

My laptop overheated while i was saving my file

And your overheating laptop problem exists while using Windows 7 too.

You need to solve the underlying problem with your laptop - or get a replacement.

• Upvote 1