Glass tutorial request.

Goonfella

I have searched through the tutorials a number of times but I have never come across one about making clear glass objects. There are glassy buttons, glassy orbs,glassy marbles but no plain clear glass tuts.

I don`t suppose anyone would care to make one please? I know it would be another glass tut but as it would be for something not yet covered it might be a handy addition to the tut menu.

I have often tried to make glass myself, but never been able to work it out. Maybe it is just a case of adapting an existing tut in a way I have not thought of yet. Either way a tut would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Well, I think the main reason a glass tut hasn't been made is because it is really hard to make. I mean, I've been using Paint.NET for a while and I still don't have the hang of making glass objects yet :| .....

I remember Ash saying that he was in the process of making a glass tut, but again it is rather complicated. It would probably take a while to make a good glass piece, let alone write a tut about making one.

There might be one in the future though, so don't fret :wink:

Oh, and if it helps, one good tip on making a glass object would be filling the canvas with a semi-transparent fill and then using S3D. Then play around with angles and lighting.

I suppose I could make a tut if this is good enough.

I wouldn't lock it if you did. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Here's my try at a glass ball.

3051163577_56596c6f2b_o.png

The shadow is messed up and it could use some :AntiAliasingOn: , but its pretty good for a first try.

I suppose I could make a tut if this is good enough.

Please do! I have tried a few times to make one of these but this particular glass effect still eludes me.

That`s an excellent first go!

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN