Noob needs patient pro 4 cut/paste help

Most of my day has been spent downloading, updating Paint.Net & related MS stuff.

I'm very frustrated.

Here's all I want to do...

Picture A is my dog.

Picture B is my house.

I want to cut out my dog & paste him on my house.

"What kind of idiot can't figure this out?" (Didn't know I could read your mind, didya?)

A totally beaten guy that can't believe he can't do what 90% of the tween population probably can do in five minutes while IM-ing their BFF & eating HoHo's. That's what kind of idiot.

If you're feeling charitable & have a soft spot for those less enlightened, please give me a step by step for getting Rex on the rooftop.

Thanks & now I'm going to take an aspirin.

Thanks for the quick answer, sorry for the late reply. I'm just now able to give it another shot.

I'd already tried the tutorial you referred to. Apparently even that was too complicated or assumed reader knew something about using the program and skipped over some stuff, because I just couldn't get it. I followed it exactly.

Thanks again, I'll keep trying.

I've been fighting this since I first saw a lasso tool on Photoshop. Sooner or later I'll stumble across something that is dumbed down enough for me.

P.S. Fight for the right!

You may want to read the rules, especially number 23:

23) ADVERTISING and SOLICITING are strictly prohibited. This is NOT a place to find artists or developers, either for hire or for volunteer/free. This is NOT the place to advertise your product, company, or community. If you want, you may include a few links in your signature as long as they are small and unobtrusive. See Ash's signature for an example of what is tasteful and acceptable: http://www.getpaint.net/misc/ash_sig.png

cloud2copy.png

If people wanna offer help, be as giving tips or working on the problem for others, it's up to them.

Asking for someone to do your work for you is NO.

Helping in any way is OK.

IMO, giving tips is much better way to teach, but I sometimes also help others by doing their work for them.

For some of us, seeing if we are able to solve the problem is fun.

I guess I better read up on the rules again?huh?huh? :lol:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]