How to get colors to Gradient Effect by color picker

I would like to use the Gradient for masking of a sharp edge, making gradient from one side to another. But Gradient Effect remember last two colors and I do not know how to change it by color picker, except to write down RGB numbers and than set it manually...

gradie10.png

Edited by bflmpsvz

2 hours ago, bflmpsvz said:

know how to change it by color picker,

You need to click More on the colors window and add the colors manually:

tuOveoL.png

< Clickable>

Or:

When the Color Gradient is open, the color picker on the color wheel of the color Gradient works fine for me.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

53 minutes ago, Pixey said:

When the Color Gradient is open, the color picker on the color wheel of the color Gradient works fine for me.

Of course, I mean to use the color picker on the image, not on the color wheel.

Or, is there any other way how to make smooth transition where a cut in image is visible?

gradient2.png

25 minutes ago, bflmpsvz said:

Or, is there any other way how to make smooth transition where a cut in image is visible?

Yes, if you have the space selected, like in your example, just pick the color and then hit "Backspace".

See Keyboard and Mouse shortcuts here.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pixey said:

Yes, if you have the space selected, like in your example, just pick the color and then hit "Backspace".

See Keyboard and Mouse shortcuts here.

Backspace - Fill the selection? But that's not what I want. If I manually trasfered two colors from sides of the selection, I want to get gradient like this:

gradient3.png

I have found that Gradient which is part of the PaintNet itself is better for this, since it uses gradient from primary to secondary color, which I can pick by color picker.

But even with this, it is quite difficult to do it line by line. I hoped that some plugin does exist which do gradient from one border of the selection to opposite border.
Something like this (created by Gradient and Autohotkey script line by line).

gradient4.jpg

Edited by bflmpsvz

@bflmpsvz do forgive me for not being very helpful.  I'm still not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish 😁

9 hours ago, bflmpsvz said:

making gradient from one side to another.

If you are trying to use the gradient that you prefer, all at once, perhaps make a mask the size you want, then select the mask and on a new layer use the gradient.

draw-a-border.png

30b8T8B.gif