ERASERS

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Is it possible to have a square eraser? Or at least one with a straight edge as in a rectangle? I think there are more straight edges to need to get closer to clear than a circular one can provide.

With the eraser, when changing sizes why does it default to the "larger-than-before" size? If I use a #40 eraser to remove a lot of stuff, as I get closer in I need a smaller eraser but with the current default there are more clicks necessary than if the default was to smaller than the current size . . . just asking on that one.

So, square eraser, anybody?

• Solution

Hello @Garrymo :)

Until there is (who knows?) a square brush, you can always use the "bracket" keys to decrease, or increase, the size of the brush.

Please see the short cuts here:  https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, Garrymo said:

With the eraser, when changing sizes why does it default to the "larger-than-before" size? If I use a #40 eraser to remove a lot of stuff, as I get closer in I need a smaller eraser but with the current default there are more clicks necessary than if the default was to smaller than the current size . . .

It's hard to understand the meaning of your 'why does it default to the "larger-than-before" size?'  question, so this may not provide the answer you are seeking, however, you can set the default Brush Size (which is also used by the Eraser), in Settings -> Tools.     See https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/SettingsDialog.html#4