How can I stop the hand pointer from covering the move line control nubs

Dear all, looking for your advise, how to get off from hand appears instead of cross, when I start to move the line point. The problem is in this, that I do not see through the hand and I do not see where I am going to move the line point.

image.png.d9b7c49f88ef6f8be9ca448716edf20a.png

Edited by indrek70
grammar fault

Welcome to the forum @indrek70

It looks like you have a set a huge mouse pointer size.

Compare with what I see when I click on or close to the adjustment point on the line:

cursor-size.png

Go to Windows Settings -> Mouse -> Mouse pointer size and make your pointer smaller.

Since paint.net v5.0.9, all mouse cursors honour the Windows setting for adjusting the mouse pointer size.

• Like 1

Thank you Tactilis for your support. By using smaller size, it helps a bit. But anyway this hand is located on the dot I should move, but I do not see, will it be moved into place I would like to it be. I am cleaning the by these lines the background of product on picture to the white. Could there be any other good option to do it? 
The result of smaller size of mouse point gave following result.
image.png.880ef5560e14de08fe1790f189049c78.png
  I also changed in mous settings the hand icons to the cross, but this does not affect any way into paint.net

image.png.049612fec3da4a9d2262144d7ce829c5.png

In windows I have now the cross instead of hand when I choose any link, but in paint.net it still hand as on picture I just attached. Looks paint.net it does not accept my changes in windows mouse settings.

I replaced in windows the hand to cross on following a) choosing the link b) choosing location c) choosing the person 

2 hours ago, indrek70 said:

But anyway this hand is located on the dot I should move, but I do not see, will it be moved into place I would like to it be.

1. Set the Windows pointer size as small as it will go. Yours is too large.

2. Move the hand pointer a little distance away from the dot on the line. You can see in my example that you don't need to have the hand right over the dot to move it.

2 hours ago, indrek70 said:

I also changed in mouse settings the hand icons to the cross, but this does not affect any way into paint.net
In windows I have now the cross instead of hand when I choose any link, but in paint.net it still hand as on picture I just attached. Looks paint.net it does not accept my changes in windows mouse settings.

That is correct. It is the intended behaviour.
Paint.net uses its own mouse pointer shapes to indicate the different actions of each of the Tools.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, indrek70 said:

The problem is in this, that I do not see through the hand and I do not see where I am going to move the line point.

Click & hold the nub you want to move just outside the selection, then use the keyboard arrow keys to move the selection. The control is finer and the cursor doesn't get in the way.

If you're moving the entire selection, just use the arrow keys (+= Ctrl modifier if you need large movements). You don't need to click & hold any of the nubs to move the entire selection in this way.

3 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Click & hold the nub you want to move just outside the selection, then use the keyboard arrow keys to move the selection. The control is finer and the cursor doesn't get in the way.

All true, except for the last bit. If the pointer size is set as large as the OP's is, then you cannot move the hand sufficiently far away to reveal the nub without the pointer turning into the cross, which will start drawing a new line.

20 hours ago, indrek70 said:

I am cleaning by these lines the background of product on picture to the white.

Could there be any other good option to do it?

Yes.

Go to the search page: https://www.getpaint.net/search.html  and search for:  remove background

If that doesn't solve your problem then please create a new topic and post the original picture that you are 'cleaning'.

• Tactilis changed the title to How can I stop the hand pointer from covering the move line control nubs