[Expand canvas], [Keep canvas size] ----- The more obvious Option is--- (What i do 99% of the time)   Shrink it 50% or 25%  or 20% -- small enough to fit.

(i'm pasting a big image into a smaller canvas)

[Expand canvas],   [Keep canvas size] ----- The more obvious Option is --- (What i do 99% of the time)   Shrink it 50% or 25%  or 20% (or 10% ...) -- until it's small enough to fit.

• User-customizable  convention (default) would be nice.  I'd set it to (the above)  and/or  Shrink it so that it's 50% of biggest size that fits inside the canvas.

• Another  possible option is [shrink it just enough to fit the canvas] ---------  but i wouldn't use this even if this was available. ----- this is almost never what i'd want to do.  (Maybe i'd use it... I can just shrink it after it is pasted.)

___________These 2 options confused me SO MUCH that ... for the past 12+ years, i've been doing this:

1.  i try to paste the image,   but the image is too big for the canvas
  2.  So i go back to the [To-be-embedded]  image,  Resize:  shrink it down 50%,  Copy it
  3.  And try to paste again --- but PDN tells me that it's still too big
  4.  So i go back to the [To-be-embedded]  image,  Resize:  shrink it down 25%,  Copy it
  5.  And try to paste again --- but PDN tells me that it's still too big
  6.  Etc.

You wizards may think [Few ppl are that stupid] ---- No, no, no...  i'm Super-computer-savvy compared to...

• many others,  who are using Caps-Lock (for each letter), when they should be using the SHIFT key
  • many others,  who are unaware of [Text-Search] within a Web page...       Google started including the following note:

>>>  Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Edited by HenryH
  • Like 2

I agree.

Except that I think it should say: "Resize pasted image"

Partly so that it matches the terminology in the text at the top: "The image being pasted...".
And partly so that there is no confusion with the Edit | Paste Selection action.

"Resize pasted image" would be a great shortcut for what I do currently, which is to:

- Paste
- Keep canvas size

- Then manually adjust the size of the pasted image so that it fits the canvas size.

Some thought would need to be given about whether a pasted image should keep its original aspect ratio (or not) if it is different to the existing canvas width/height ratio.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Welsh Yellow Cheddar said:

I really like the idea of a resize and fit feature when pasting.

Fit to width

Fit to height

That works.

But I'd suggest the wording should be:

Fit to canvas width

Fit to canvas height

to make explicit what is being fitted to what.

Although that could be clarified in the explanatory text.