Update of an NVIDIA file

As translated: 

"paintdotnet.exe tries to modify a file paintdotnet.exe is a reliable program. It is about to modify the contents of C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation\ShadowPlay\CaptureCore.log"

@Dompaint someone will answer this question soon :) 

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Long version. The log file is used for the NVidia GeForce Experience and I would guess Paint . Net is using the GPU for rendering therefore your HIPS is detecting log read/write access. I can assure you that PDN is not doing anything malicious and its simply an event triggered by PDN + Geforece Experience module. This feature also seems to be linked to Shadow Play, a mechanism for screen recording via a hot key or screen overlay.

To be honest I keep my PC very lean and never install the Geforce Experience (screen capture and other diagnostic goodies).

The short version. Its safe. Create a rule if need be in your HIPS to allow access.

@Pixey thanks for the translation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1