Default Save As.. filetype

This topic was discussed 4 years ago and suggestion was rejected. 

Point is, we liked to get an option to choose default file type to save images. 

Why this was rejected? Because you don't want to risk data loss if jpg was selected as default.

But no 1: We are not total idiots, I think we want to save as jpg if we particulary go to settings and select it. (Ok, one can forget to change it back)

Your solution, Tab-J-Enter works fine and is pretty fast. Thanks for that.

But no 2: We are not lazy, we just like cozy software. If you have like 20 or 50 files and then want to save them, the extra clicking multiplies and your life gets pretty old.

I hope you could reconsider this option.

p.s. If you're truly conserned of data loss then you might include a warning message and perhaps send a hidden message to global image quality control officials?

FmbuIyw3AM0A.png?o=1

Edited by Kaptah

On 10/30/2023 at 7:21 PM, Kaptah said:

This topic was discussed 4 years ago and suggestion was rejected. 

You're quite late to the game. It's been discussed way earlier than that.

(Ok, one can forget to change it back)

Exactly. You just made my point. Because I guarantee you that if I made this change, someone very soon would accidentally destroy the quality of whatever image they spent a lot of time on. I'm not interested in that happening.

I don't know why you're even bringing this up. I've been extremely clear on this matter.

p.s. If you're truly conserned of data loss then you might include a warning message and perhaps send a hidden message to global image quality control officials?

I also don't know why you think you can elicit change by being such a smartass about it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg