How to create a stuffed satin effect?

Go to solution Solved by Pixey,

Hi All :)

I would like to apply the effect (see below) to the stickers I'm creating for my planners.  Can someone point me to the right tutorial, please?

image.png.0f2e6282e4dfa906ebda0defc4c720fd.png

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?

• Solution

You can use @BoltBait's Bevel Selection Plugin.

Select the shape, then use the adjustment in both the shadow and colors area.

Bevel-Selection.png 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you, Pixey!  Hm.  I was in the right spot, just not using the bevel correctly.  I gave up and used the inside shadow, very light eraser, very light brush, you name it.  First  thing tomorrow I'll start practicing with the bevel tool.   You just made my month.

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

Several days later...

Hey Pixie!  Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction, if not the right tool.  I tried all sorts of machinations using the bevel and other tool combos, but could not get the look I wanted until, UNTIL, I found a tutorial by PNDing that opened up a whole new Paint.NET world for me.  His/her last tut was 9 nine years ago, but man oh man, it doesn't matter.  Here's what I found, then subscribed to his channel to get the rest of his videos.  Were it not for you, I'd probably still be floundering around.  

Edited by BMP
  • Upvote 1