Disable Symmetric line option when pressing CTRL

Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

I use Paint.net a lot (and i mean a lot) for drawing layouts for maps, which includes tracing and a lot of line tool.

I often comes up pretty neat and i have done so for a few years.

When drawing i usually hold Ctrl continuously because it enables me to rapidly use the de-select option.

(I know it's a strange way to draw but it's what works best for me when drawing very rigid shapes with clear outlines.)

I have recently updated to the 5.0.7 version after pressing the update button.

Now, whenever i hold Ctrl, it makes my line grow on both ends and ruins my capacity to draw my lines as i want to.

I saw on previous threads that keybinds are available, and i couldn't find an official way to download the pre-5.0.0 versions,

so i'm kind of stuck and lost my ability to draw properly...

Any way to disable the keybind, or to disable that option, or to revert the paint.net version?

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Drion

5 minutes ago, Drion said:

Now, whenever i hold Ctrl, it makes my line grow on both ends and ruins my capacity to draw my lines as i want to.

Yes, now holding down Ctrl will center the line.

5 minutes ago, Drion said:

and i couldn't find an official way to download the pre-5.0.0 versions

No, we can't offer older versions I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Drion said:

Any way to disable the Keybind, or to disable that option,

I doubt this is possible, but perhaps someone else may have another solution for this. 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Oh well. That's a shame 😔

I might be able to find an older version on my old PC, but i really hoped there is a way to use PDN in the way i wanted while using the official supported version with all of the nice features.

Oh that's fantastic, thank you! waiting for the new version.

(I was already messing with the CIL with great difficulty and got it modded away locally on my machine 🤭 - Glad it's not necessary anymore )

Edited by Drion

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BlastOfBN said:

And it's probably a good thing that it's being changed to the Alt key in 5.0.8, because whenever you hold down control, this happens...image.png.c0753c7dd00530c3d1842511dd6506b6.png
This is some sort of stamping feature, isn't it?

This looks like a rendering issue. To avoid it, while the object is selected move with arrow keys in any direction once (1px), and then back (opposite arrow key) to original position. Then you can resize without object showing in the back.

The Move Selected Pixels tool will duplicate the selected area if you hold Ctrl the first time you transform the selection.

So yes, this will also eliminate that conflict.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...