5.0.7 always starts on "main display"

Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

Just installed 5.0.7 (having disabled AV to do that — that should not be necessary) and...

It no longer starts on the display it was last closed on: it always starts on what Windows treats as the "main display". This seems to be changed behaviour. Is there a setting to get it to behave like it used to and open on the display it was last used on? I can't find one.

[W10 Home, v22H2, three displays]

Everyone seems to be fixating on the irrelevant point 🙁

The principal issue is how 5.0.7 opens.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:45 AM, Andrew Leach said:

[v5.0.7] no longer starts on the display it was last closed on: it always starts on what Windows treats as the "main display". This seems to be changed behaviour. Is there a setting to get it to behave like it used to and open on the display it was last used on? I can't find one.

[W10 Home, v22H2, three displays]

Edited by Andrew Leach
Clarification

On 7/6/2023 at 2:45 AM, Andrew Leach said:

It no longer starts on the display it was last closed on ...

I too use three monitors. On my system, Paint.NET is re-opening on whichever monitor I closed it on.

Can you provide some more information, so we can try to reproduce the issue?

Maybe post the diagnostic information found within paint.net.

Settings -> Diagnostics -> Copy to clipboard.

SettingsDiagnostics.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• Solution
4 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I too use three monitors. On my system, Paint.NET is re-opening on whichever monitor I closed it on.

Two monitors here. Same. It opens up where it was last closed. Unless it was maximized -- then it opens on the monitor where I click on the pinned taskbar icon for it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

5 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Two monitors here. Same. It opens up where it was last closed. Unless it was maximized -- then it opens on the monitor where I click on the pinned taskbar icon for it.

Aha. So it does. Well that's easy! And a neat solution, although it's different from other applications (which open in the same place no matter which icon is used, even when maximised) and I'm sure it's changed from 5.0.6. Still, perhaps I'm misremembering. I can live with clicking on the taskbar on the desired monitor. Thanks.