Zoom to Mouse paint.net 5

So... During the Version 5 update, Paint.net has started zooming to the mouse location, instead of the center of the screen. I can't seem to locate any option to disable this. Is there a way? Because it really gets in the way of what I'm trying to do, which requires the precision of keeping my canvas in place, and I really don't feel trying to deal with the slider at the bottom of the screen each time I want to zoom in or out.

The particular issue is when using the Ctrl-B shortcut. I want to flip between the zoomed out image and WHERE I JUST WAS. It's extremely problematic to be thrown to a functionally random part of my image when I just want to get a quick preview of my recent edits.

Additional observation. If I just use the on-screen button to view actual size, it will actually not return me to the previous zoom level at all, much less at the right location

Edited by senrisei
Even more problems were found.
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

To clarify what @senrisei said, when using the keyboard to zoom (Ctrl+=), the canvas to is re-positioned based on the location of the mouse cursor.

It also occurs when using Ctrl+mouse wheel, and when using Ctrl+B to zoom in and out the image. I really need at least the option to have the image stay where it was when I perform these actions. I honestly don't know why something like this would be changed without an option to change it back to how it was.

36 minutes ago, senrisei said:

It also occurs when using Ctrl+mouse wheel

Yes, it supposed to happen when using Ctrl+Wheel.  The behavior has not changed, so no issue there.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

If you'd like zooming to not be based on the current mouse position, you can move the mouse out of the canvas area -- for instance, to the top or bottom of the window/screen. Then it will zoom relative to the center of the canvas.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg