Changing Default Tools on Paint.Net Startup

When looking for this info my google found answers on this forum from back in 2007.  The answers while helpful back then are totally out of date.  Is it wise to keep them?  Just wondrin as I spent time finding out Paint.Net does not work as described in 07 for default setup.  Eventually I found the default choices were in under the "settings" gear once clicked on.  Hopefully anyone searching for this information will stumble on this post soon and find out how startup choices are made in the 2022 version of Paint.net.  Otherwise I enjoy using this product and it works well for my level of need.

Azor

image.png.eb5fbcadff88e5ad17a189ea18fec0c1.png

Edited by Azor
spelling

• Azor changed the title to Changing Default Tools on Paint.Net Startup

If you're curious about how Paint.NET works, the best thing to do is run Paint.NET and press F1 which will bring up the help pages.

From there, click on the User Interface > Settings menu.  You'll see screenshots and explanation of what's available on each settings tab.

And if you have trouble remembering F1 (although it is pretty common as the Help shortcut key in many apps), then just click on the Help ? button at the top right:

image.png.c4dfad6c18238ac0177f7acb3c8dfbaf.png

Pant.NET's documentation is excellent. Superior to that of many other apps.

Spend some time reading it and your effort will be amply rewarded.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Azor said:

When looking for this info my google found answers on this forum from back in 2007.  The answers while helpful back then are totally out of date.  Is it wise to keep them? 

We don't prune old topics on the forum, and we can't be expected to since then we'd spend all of our time evaluating and editing posts.

If you find old answers, they're old and you need to be aware of that. You have to pay attention to the date on anything you read on the Internet.

This forum is a forum, it's not a curated knowledge base.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg