New - Please Help Me Find the Gradient Tool - Plug In?

Hello,

I am new and I am trying to follow BuzzKill's glass text tutorial: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3113&st=0&sk=t&sd=a. In it, I need to use a transparent gradient. I can't seem to find the tool so I thought it was a plug in. I installed a gradient plugin but it is clearly not the correct one. Rick Brewster has a reference link to the gradient tool but it no longer works. http://www.getpaint.net/doc/3.0/en/GradientTool.html

What is throwing me is the following instruction - I either cannot find these options anywhere or I simply don't know what I am looking at.:

Draw a transparent gradient on the duplicated layer. If you draw your transparent gradient with the Linear option enabled, it will give you a bevelled edge look. If you draw your transparent gradient with the Linear Reflected option enabled, it will give you a shiney look.

Can any one tell me what I am missing?

TIA,

AJ

its actually a built in function :GradientTool: in your tool bar after you clik it you will see the options just to the right. hover your mouse over them and you will see what each one is.

edit sorry forgot to tell you to look for the :AllColorChannels: clik that and change to :AlphaChannel: thats the transparent gradiant he refers to.

for future note these type of questions about a particular tutorial should be posted with the tut. That way anyone else having the same problem will find the answer along with the tut.

but for now keep on drawing and hope to see what you complete in your own personal picture gallery some time soon.

ciao OMA

welcome to the forum.