Pasting Paint.net into Email or word document gives weird error

Hi

When I copy and paste from Snipping tool into Paint.net, edit (Put notations or arrows etc)

Then copy into an email or word document I get the following content instead of the image:

{

"polygonList": [

"0,0,476,0,476,195,0,195,0,0"

]

}

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Error_paint.net.png

I don't usually use the Snipping tool but this prompted me to try with a screen grab from here. I've had no problems (Win7) copying it into PDN then Selecting All > Copy and pasting into a Wordpad.

As far as the email goes I have to the save the image file (default is the original format - PNG) and then "Insert" or add as an attachment by browsing for the image file. I can not find any way to paste it into an email directly from PDN.

I think you'll have to described exactly how you're adding the PDN edited image file to the document/email for clarity.

You used Copy Selection. Never used that myself but it seems to provoke that "polygonList....." error if you try to paste it into Wordpad or other documents. I think Copy Selection is used just to copy selections within a single image ie. so you can copy a selected area to multiple positions within that image.

Try using Select All then vanilla Copy instead.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

That's just about what I said but the explanation of what Copy Selection actually actually means: copying the shape of the area selected rather than the actual image content makes more sense than what I thought it meant.

So thanks for that clarification; perhaps if it was renamed Copy Selection Area or Shape or Outline it might be clearer what using that option does. 

IHaveNoName.png