File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable (i need help)

i have no idea wether i put it in the correct term thing but i can install paint.net, when i try i get this error

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 380
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__50.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 881
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__1.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask.cs:line 33
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 74

can any one help?

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added descriptive title

Welcome to the forum Call Me.

First, I'm going to rename this thread, because  "I need help" does not describe the issue you're having.

Second, I'm going to move the thread to the troubleshooting section.

Third (an this is the bit you're interested in....) Sounds like your system is in need of a checkup. Either your anti-virus software is blocking access, or the directory really is corrupted. Try these tips for running CHKDSK and SFC to further diagnose the issue....

• Like 1

• Ego Eram Reputo changed the title to File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable (i need help)