Polarising filter

On a camera that I had about 30 years ago I sometimes used a Polarizing filter on the lens and it was adjustable giving a similar effect to the Auto level filer  but it was adjustable.  Is there a similar filter plug-inavailable for Paint.net?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Edited by Dedan

On 11/11/2020 at 7:03 PM, Dedan said:

On a camera that I had about 30 years ago I sometimes used a Polarizing filter on the lens and it was adjustable giving a similar effect to the Auto level filer  but it was adjustable.  Is there a similar filter plug-inavailable for Paint.net?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

One technique I learned from a tutorial on this forum, that is unfortunately in the tutorial graveyard, is to expand the photograph by 100 pixels and fill it the new edge around the photograph with either light or dark grey.  Then use Levels to tweak the color slightly, and revert your photograph back to its original size.

So for example, let's say you have a 1200 x 900 pixels photograph, I would change the photograph size to 1300 x 1000 pixels.  There will be a white border around the image, then I will fill the white border with either light or dark grey color, run Level (without using Auto level) and playing with the setting until I am satisfied with the change.  After that, I revert the photograph back to 1200 x 900.