Why does the whole canvas move around when you type using the text tool?

When you're using the text tool and are writing stuff near the edge of the canvas, every time you press a key (even ctrl, which you have to hold in order to pan the view!) the entire canvas view moves around to make the text visible. Why is that a thing? I'm sorry but, in my opinion, that seriously is the single most frustrating thing about PDN... I wish this feature was at least toggleable. Or removed entirely.

On that note, I also feel like the canvas view should allow me to go pan more than just 50% beyond the size of the image. It would make my life a lot easier haha :) 

Why would you want to type text that isn't visible ... ? The canvas scrolls to ensure the text cursor is still visible. Unless you're seeing some other kind of weird/buggy behavior ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Maybe I want to type text that is partially visible. Or, in most cases, I want to move the text to the correct place after typing. The auto scrolling is really annoying since it makes it super hard to move text around when I'm zoomed in on an edge/corner of the canvas. Or just panning around, really, since it auto scrolls when I hold ctrl to zoom.

I don't think anything should ever auto scroll in any user interface without the user's input. As I said, it would be nice if that was toggleable in the settings. Because it has only caused me trouble so far...