paint.net fails to open Windows 10

Since the latest Windows 10 update I have an issue with paint.net launching. I get the following errors in my event viewer when trying to open the application.

Source: .NET Runtime

Application: PaintDotNet.exe

Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FFEF925F9D0 (00007FFEF9160000) with exit code 80131506.

and

Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: PaintDotNet.exe, version: 4.200.7133.32960
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.3815.0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just about everything other than I can't seem to find any great way to uninstall/reinstall .NET 4.8. When I try and reinstall it there's no repair functionality (it only tells me that I can't do anything because it's already installed). I can't tell if it's something broken in my .NET installation (at which point any guidance on how to repair that would be much appreciated) or if there's some incompatibility with paint.net and the latest .NET dll. Thanks for your time.

19 minutes ago, mattmorg said:

I can't tell if it's something broken in my .NET installation (at which point any guidance on how to repair that would be much appreciated)

Yes, your installation of the .NET Framework is broken. Since v4.8 is built into Win 10 1903, you need to run the System File Checker.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Appreciate the help. I ran the System File Checker. Everything seemed to run fine except the scan came back with

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I checked the log file. There was nothing in there that seemed helpful.

Still getting the same error. Any other ideas that don't involve reimaging?

Edited by mattmorg

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

If Windows can't fix itself, you should post on a Windows support forum.

Agreed, it just seems odd to me that literally every other program is working fine other than paint.net, and I can't imagine it's the only program using that dll. Thank you for the help though.