Fill in color without outline?

Is it possible to have filled in without lines or selection? For example, like in map on the image attached.

I would need this for historical map making for areas where I'm not sure where the border is.

I know that you can use "Selection" tool and fill in, but it's not "as smooth" to make outline with it as it is with Paintbrush.

So, is there any way I can draw lines with Paintbrush, fill the selection and delete the line? I could "overwrite" line with erase tool, but that would too create "space" between 2 filled in areas, and I want the effect like in image bellow - 2 euros without hard border that are touching each other.

cfa3ec99-09a7-45a8-9194-557697feea42.jpg

Greetings,

This is one solution for your request:
1. Use the information from this thread to produce a close to 2bit (black & White) map as you can.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/114129-clean-manga/  

2. Use the Black and Alpha+ plugin or just select White to be transparent with the Grim Color Reaper plugin
    Black and Alpha+

Grim Color Reaper

3. Create a new Background Layer and color it white. Place this layer under your now transparent map and use the Paint Brush to outline or color your areas. If you use a small brush and selected a color to layout area contours you can use the Fill Bucket to layin color for that contour.
Map_Making.jpg

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information
  • Like 2