help for jpg's and png's opening as pdfs?

I have had an issue this has happened several times. I right click on an image and went to print it,  it tries to open it in adobe and after that the image will open in paint.net but it will not print.  It comes up with errors. I contacted adobe and it says paint.net is the problem not them.  I do not believe it is paint.net, I think it is adobe but here I am contacting you letting you know this is happening. Thank you for any insights. P.S.

I did uninstall adobe but I am afraid I will have to redo all 100 or so Images I made in paint.net because of this problem. Just so you know they are all JPG and PNG extensions. 

Thanks for any and all suggestions  OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit   Adobe DC reader, latest paint.net

Jen

52 minutes ago, butterfly8000 said:

... it tries to open it in adobe and after that the image will open in paint.net ...

Wait... when you click on an image file it opens both programs?

Can you check the File Associations in the Windows Control Panel?

Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Default Programs -> Set Associations

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab