Plugin that deletes sections of non-difference?

Dreziv

Hey there, I'm looking for a plugin that will delete the sections of a layer that show up as black when you change the blending mode of that layer to "Difference". Mainly for the purpose of deleting background elements. I'd appreciate a point in the right direction, thanks.

Plugins can only access a single layer so comparison between two layers can't be done.

Alternative could be, merge the layers, select the black area with magic wand, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to copy the selection to the clipboard.

Undo the layer merge and then Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V to paste the selection back and you can use it on the 2 layers to delete everything that was black on the merged layer.

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

1 hour ago, Zagna said:

Plugins can only access a single layer so comparison between two layers can't be done.

Alternative could be, merge the layers, select the black area with magic wand, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to copy the selection to the clipboard.

Undo the layer merge and then Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V to paste the selection back and you can use it on the 2 layers to delete everything that was black on the merged layer.

Well, that's frustrating. However I didn't realize setting the blending to difference and merging the layer would cause the look of the difference layer to be the result. I've just been trying to figure out some easier ways to do these things, so thanks for that.

7 hours ago, MJW said:

I don't know if it would be of any use, but I have a plugin called the Mismatch Eraser that can erase pixels in the image that match those in the clipboard.

Hey, that's neat. If that's the closest I can get to working on two layers at once, I'll definitely take it. Thanks a bunch.