Fill - solid color

3 hours ago, welshblue said:

The answer was 6 topics above your post 😜

How to install and some already made custom palettes 

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2947-color-palettes-go-here/

You can also use online palette generators that give you the hex code to make your own palettes http://www.palettefx.com/ ... there's loads out there.  

Example

palette.png

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Not sure I explained myself well. I meant in the program's tools the fill with grids such as "smaller grids", checker boards, etc. No solid colors.

I appreciate tips and place to downloads such. Thanks. Collector 

I am not sure, but there is a 'FileType' Plugin that enables you to use PhotoShop patterns and in PhotoShop the patterns can be used as Fills.

I have not installed the Plugin but I will do it later to see if it works for Fills in Paint.NET.

4 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

I am not sure, but there is a 'FileType' Plugin that enables you to use PhotoShop patterns and in PhotoShop the patterns can be used as Fills.

I have not installed the Plugin but I will do it later to see if it works for Fills in Paint.NET.

OK, will you let us know? Thanks. Collector  :-)

• Like 1

@Collector
I have installed the Plugin in and it will upon the Photoshop .pat file onto the a canvas, it is not implemented as a fill option. It is not ready for prime time as a useful fill pattern.

To use the .pat file you will unzip the archive an open in Paint.NET as you would any other of its readable formats. It will open on a canvas and there it sits. The plugin has no documentation as to whether it can really be use as a fill element. I seems that the pattern can just be opened.

Edited by HyReZ