Highly intermittent glitch, stuff won't select in one canvas.

I have had I think other variations of this glitch, honestly I don't put much thought into it.

Often when this has happened, maybe just because it's how I use mu computer a lot of the time, I will be low on memory, have lots of paint canvases open and have lots of other things open as well.

But, now it has happened with few paint canvasses and about half to a 3rd as many chrome tabs as I have at times...

The problem, which currently is that I can't select something in one of the canvasses, the function simply doesn't, function.

I am copy copy is all (ctrl + A) and paste into a new canvas and then I can select just a portion, but in that canvas, that function simply does not work.

I do recall I have had at other time different glitches, one time it was that nothing new showed in a canvas, even though the changes were being applied.  Other times I think it has been other things.

But this glitch only seems to affect one canvas, or sometimes a few, but never all the canvasses.

Heck, I'm starting to wonder if this is more not a glitch but a strength of the problem, after all it's not a single glitch it is many glitches with an easy solution seemingly.

Hello @circlularthinking It is rather difficult to understand what problem you are having.  It could be a common problem that affects a lot of us IF we forget to return to the first 'selection' in the tool bar.

selection.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...