Is it possible make CMYK picture in paint.net?

Hey, i need color my scans and sometime i need it in CMYK version. I downloaded plugin "RGB to CMYK Color Space" for paint.net but when i try use "rgb to cmyk" in effect i lost almost all colors from image, even black O_o I try convert picture in online program and it looks totally different, not like white area witch pinks spots how convert paint.net :/ Moreover when i open color image in cmyk in paint.net and save it (without any change) this file have lower size so I think it ceases to be cmyk. I also try open cmyk image in paint.net and try use rbg to cmyk,but still a lot of colors disappear (not so much like originally in rgb images )

scans in the scanner at the printer in white-black version. I went to color this scans in paint.net, but when i lost even  black contours it is impossible. Is there a way to fix it? I rly like this program +cant find any free program who lets  color in cmyk. :(

Krita has convert Image Color Space option, and convert layer color space option. You can use 8-bit integer, 16-bit integer, 16-bit float, and 32-bit float. You have CMYK, RGB, LAB, XYZ, and Grayscale color space as an option in Krita. To use Paint.NET exclusively, and have CMYK document option with free programs. You need to download .ora plugin for paint.net. It'll allow you to retain layers in paint.net, and use it as a file layer in Krita, so you can keep editing in Paint.NET while it can be automatically converted to CMYK in Krita. That's your best solution for CMYK while using Paint.NET for about everything except CMYK end result. .PSD is fine too, but .ORA is easily more interchangeable here.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

On 6/2/2018 at 5:43 PM, Reptillian said:

. You need to download .ora plugin for paint.net. It'll allow you to retain layers in paint.net, and use it as a file layer in Krita, so you can keep editing in Paint.NET while it can be automatically converted to CMYK in Krita. That's your best solution for CMYK while using Paint.NET for about everything except CMYK end result. .PSD is fine too, but .ORA is easily more interchangeable here.

Ok i get how use cmyk in Krita works good :D But I dont understand  what plugin to download for paint.net i know .ora but how is the name? I looked for "RGB to CMYK Color Space".ora but i see only in .dll 

There is no such thing as that in Paint.NET, and the author of Paint.NET will not be support CMYK for Paint.NET. So, you have to convert your PDN file to a CMYK program compatible software, and if you're looking into editing without paying a cent, there's only Krita. Scribus only offers a straight conversion. Plus, .ora is one way of transferring information from PDN to Krita. PSD is another. .dll is just a installation file, put it in plugin folder to install.

The reason why CMYK to RGB results in less file size because 4 channels require a more information than 3 channels in general. Haven't tested LAB vs RGB vs CMYK file size to confirm. I know LAB requires more info than RGB just by the nature. LAB covers the entire human range spectrum, and that means colors RGB can't be used to display.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer