Making Images of Different Resolutions Match?

Let's say I'm putting together several different images together into a single composition

But the images are all different qualities. IDK if "resolution" is the right word, but what I mean is that some of them look much sharper than others

Is there some trick to getting them all to match so it looks like they were all originally together?

I've tried some of the blurs but the result often ends up way too strong

4 hours ago, allycat said:

Is there some trick to getting them all to match so it looks like they were all originally together?

Short answer: NO. No software can really do this. This isn't "Navy CIS" from television. This is reality ;)

Exception: If they're all very big in size (lets say 3200 x 2400 pixels) and you resize the resulting image to 400 x 300 px.

Depending on the blur/unsharpening/noise or compression artefacts you may try to use one of the Sharpening Plugins or Noise reduction plugins.

I've tried some of the blurs but the result often ends up way too strong

If I understand right, you want reducing the quality of the sharper images? That shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you show us some examples.

Edited by IRON67

I ended up using surface blur on the higher quality image and messing around with the contrast and saturation until they looked somewhat ok together.

I realize a lot of this stuff is kind of an art and there's no magic button, but I just wasn't sure if certain tools would be better than others for this.

All that being said I still have slightly related problem -

When putting pictures together like this, is there a way to make them blend a little more realistically, instead of looking like cardboard cutouts on top of each other?

My main problem is that I put a person sitting at a table, and his hand is resting on the table, but for some reason the hand looks really noticeably fake.

It just stands out very sharply, like two pieces of colored felt layered on top of each other.

What would be some strategies I could attempt to fix this?

I thought about maybe trying to put a shadow underneath it to see if that would help.

27 minutes ago, allycat said:

When putting pictures together like this, is there a way to make them blend a little more realistically, instead of looking like cardboard cutouts on top of each other?

My main problem is that I put a person sitting at a table, and his hand is resting on the table, but for some reason the hand looks really noticeably fake.

It just stands out very sharply, like two pieces of colored felt layered on top of each other.

What would be some strategies I could attempt to fix this?

You need to "feather" the objects on the topmost layer.