anti-aliased border how to adjust?

Hi this is my first time on your fine site.  So I was wondering if you have black text that was anti-aliased onto a white background and you want to place it onto a colored background how can change it so that it is anti-aliased to the color of the new background.  I mean if you just paste the text(after selecting only the text) onto the new color background then you will have whitish pixels around the edges and it will look bad.  

The reason I mention that it was originally on a white background is because this means you can't use the hue/saturation to shift the grey anti-aliased pixels to the new background color.  

Of course I don't want to just use the wand or bucket to get rid of the anti-aliased pixels because this will steal pixels from the original text.  

Thanks in advance :) 

One way is to use my Color Clearer plugin to erase the white background. Another way is to set the Blending Mode of the text layer to Multiply and put a layer with the desired color underneath. You can also use the following cheap trick: Change the background to gray by reducing the brightness with the Brightness/Contrast Adjustment; run the Sepia Adjustment; change the hue and saturation with the Hue/Saturation adjustment. You may need to run Hue/Saturation more than once to get full saturation.

You should generally create the text on a transparent background, unless there's a specific reason not to (which there seldom is).

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MJW said:

You should generally create the text on a transparent background, unless there's a specific reason not to (which there seldom is).

Quoted for emphasis.

How do to this:

Use the menu "Layers > Add new layer" to create a new layer that is completely transparent.

Use the text tool and place your text on this new layer.

At this point, you can move the text around the layer all you want and you'll only move the text, not the background.

As you create new layers in your document, use the up arrow and down arrow in the layer docker window to keep your text layer on top of where you want the text to show.

• Upvote 1