Installation Troubles

Hi. I am a user of this awesome program, (usually for minecraft skinning) but after a some time yesterday, it stopped working with this error message: 

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 513
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__41.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 928
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__1.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask.cs:line 33
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 74

I thought it was a bug in paint.net, so i decided to reinstall. IN the process of reinstalling, i get the same error message, and i can't do anything afterwards.
I am on windows 7.

Hi. I am a user of this awesome program, (usually for minecraft skinning) but after a some time yesterday, it stopped working with this error message: 

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 513
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__41.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 928
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__1.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask.cs:line 33
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.Tasks.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\Tasks\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 74

I thought it was a bug in paint.net, so i decided to reinstall. IN the process of reinstalling, i get the same error message, and i can't do anything afterwards.
I am on windows 7.

Also to mention is that it happened whenever i opened ANYTHING with paint.net, and all the files were fine when opened with GIMP. Buuuuuuuuuuuut i don't like gimp, and paint.net is the only good program for what i do, and it's minecraft skinning, as i said.

I have two ideas for that problem:

1. Be sure, that you have in the paint.net program directory under FileTypes only ONE FileType-plugin for an specific Filetype like Animated GIF at once, otherwise PDN may have problems by handling this filetype.

2. Close PDN, check it via task manager and run from the program directory PdnRepair.exe and test it again after that.