Need Paint.NET For .NET 4.5

Sorry, older versions are not supported in any way.

What's preventing you from installing .NET 4.6? Sometimes it's an IT department that's just kinda slow ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply (disappointing though it is).

The problem is that I have to run SAP NetWeaver Business Client 5.0 to do my timecard. After Paint.NET upgraded the .NET level to 4.6, SAP refused to run anymore, displaying an error saying that .NET 4.5 must be installed. So I thought fine, I'll just reinstall .NET 4.5. But the install for that says it won't run because a newer version is already present. Well, if I can't do my timecard, I don't get paid, so the SAP client is going to win out in this situation ;=)   I uninstalled .NET 4.6 and reinstalled .NET 4.5. Now SAP is happy but Paint.NET refuses to run.

It's a shame because I really liked Paint.NET. Very intuitive and feature-full. But I guess that leaves me looking for another free image editor. Any suggestions?

Full disclosure: I work for one of SAP's competitors. But is using that program a requirement? Is there not a web-based application that you can use?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thanks David. SAP is used throughout the company where I work, and I have no input into what version of it we run.  So, that fact, combined with the lack of availability of any older versions of Paint.NET, means that I won't be able to use Paint.NET. I'll just have to looking into getting a different graphics editor.

I just googled NWBC and .NET 4.6 and this came up as the first result...

Problems running NWBC 5.0 with .NET Framework 4.6

So just update to Patch Level 7?

Edit: Complain to the people who choose the version. Actually... it's not even a version problem, just a patch problem.

Edited by Zagna

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

Hi Zagna,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll contact our help desk and see if they're willing to update NWBC to that patch level. That's a small enough change that they might be willing to do it.

(I can't update the patch level myself. The SAP support site requires a customer number when you try to register, and I don't have one since this is all through a corporate license.)

Well, there is a happy ending! The help desk gave me patch 10 for NWBC and that made it co-exist successfully with .NET 4.6.

I really wouldn't have thought of upgrading NWBC because it is corporate-supplied. Turns out there's a little more flexibility than I expected.

Thanks Zagna!