Newbie here - Please don't hurt me =/

A friend of mine suggest I download this program. I play Last Chaos, kinda like WoW, and Forum Post quite often. I saw his, which was awesome, the background was transparent and it stood out beautifully. Here's mine, note I do not have Photoshop, I use about 3-4 different programs to achieve thisand it's very plain. I use the specific colors because it goes with my profile theme.:

000banFX.jpg

Now what I wanted to do was cut out the middle pic, which I finally figured out how to do thanks to the tutorial (which was SOOOOOO helpful, btw!) and I got this:

cut1.png

I was ok with it but now I can't figure out how to put in my text info that I'd like and still have this transparent. I'd like it to have my "signature" which is "Heaven doesn't want me... and Hell won't accept me." and also this: WhiteRayne Guild Master of Deliverance.

Can anyone please help me out? I'm REALLY not that smart when it comes to this stuff. It took me forever to figure out how to cut the image in the first place. I want my banner to REALLY stand out above everyone else's. I will GLADLY add a link under my banner for whomever can help.

Thanks a BAZILLION!

~Kat

I was ok with it but now I can't figure out how to put in my text info that I'd like and still have this transparent.

But it's not transparent. It has a white background. Could you make this slightly clearer, please, as we cannot help you if we do not know what you are asking. If you want to insert text, just add a new layer and use the Text tool :TextTool: and type away.

Welcome to the forums :wink:

Hello Callarayne.

Don't forget to the consult the Rules when you visit next, they solve many problems and cut out a lot of unnecessary fuss later on, especially with topic titles. Your title does break [rule=6]Rule 6[/rule] which stipulates a need for a descriptive title. Clicking on the link will take you directly to the rule itself where it will explain the whys and wherefores.

I hope you can understand why I have to lock your topic. It won't stop you from posting again and we would love to see you soon! :)

Topic locked