Will there be an online version of Paint.net in the future?

alih

Acrobat have created several apps for people to use online, such as Buzzword, and I was wondering if there will be an online version of Paint.net in the near future.

Since PDN has been written in C#, won't it be possible to use C# and WPF?

I know Flash has been used to create Buzzword, but an online version of PDN is a good idea, especially when someone can't install it because they don't have administrator rights- like at a college/school or work place, even though they might need it.

There are multiple reasons as to why Paint.NET will never go online, at least by Rick's hands. Namely because Rick is one man, and Paint.NET is - for the most part - developed by one man. Changing Paint.NET to use WPF would require some major rewrites, then it would cost money to host it on a server, and then storage for saving, and incredible amounts of bandwidth. Plus, Rick is a smart man and knows that we want v4.0 first.

signature.png

Making it online would be a bad move imo. It's slower and less workflow friendly than just using it locally. If you don't have admin rights you can always burn a Paint.NET bootable CD as described on http://dextut.com

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

then it would cost money to host it on a server

I don't see it costing any more than it does now. Remember that WPF is a client-side platform and applications are stored on the user's computer after first download.

Sabrown, what is one of the reasons Rick hasnt decided to host a forum on his server? Because his server isnt prepared for that type of thing. And if the GetPaint.NET server is not prepared for a forum, who says it is prepared to run an application for thousands of users seemingly at once? And he isnt talking about client side, he is talking about Paint.NET through a web browser if I am correct.

signature.png