Is there a conflict between Paint.Net and Paint Shop Pro X2?

I tried searching for the answer, but could not find one.

I'm having a problem. I create custom content for a game. I've always used Paint.Net. I bought a new computer 3 weeks ago that has Vista OS. I installed Paint Shop Pro X2 and then installed Paint.Net. Now whenever I open a picture for editing I have to tell it to use Paint.Net. It runs painfully slow. This is a Core 2 Duo Quad Core with 4 GB RAM and it should not take Paint.Net 10 minutes to load if I have my game running. I have to switch back and forth to test the CC in game. I did this all the time on my old XP computer before it and Paint.Net died on it. :lol:

I'm fairly desperate to get back to working on these. Another thing that I noticed was Paint Shop Pro has staked it's claim by adding a little logo on all of my pictures. :( I do not want this. I love and prefer to use Paint.Net because of it was previously faster loading and much simpler to work with. All other programs open immediately; which is why I thought of a possible conflict between the two programs.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question. :)

Skystars5banner2.jpg

version X2 of PSPP has an organizer (instead of Browser) that spends a lot of time when first installed to search out all the images on the computer.....during this time everything slows down....many people leave the computer on overnight to accomplish the Oraganizer start-up issues.....

Under preferences you can limit the image types and also limit the directories included....In effect you can turn off the organizer function and regain the speed.......

SigPDN1.gif

Thank you Rick Brewster. I have not uninstalled it yet. I was hoping that I did not have to. I really do use Paint.Net for almost all of my created custom content for games. I've only used Paint Shop Pro for cleaning up some of the edges around the characters and outfits. I'll uninstall it today and see what happens.

This really is a testament to Paint.Net and it's quality. I paid $100 for that other program and have barely used it.

Thank you also for that information willgoss. This is useful to know. I was unaware of it's Organizer and if or when I reinstall Paint Shop Pro X2, I'll keep that in mind.

Skystars5banner2.jpg

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply. I was away. There must have been a conflict...at least on my computer between the two. After I uninstalled PSPP; Paint.Net ran perfectly! :D

Thanks again for producing such an exceptional product.

Skystars5banner2.jpg