Forum Usage Question

Hi

I can't figure out how to use this forum. I want to see what plugins are available, where to get them, how to download them. I espically would like to download the borders plugin, I tried but I got an error message. I would also like to access the tutorals. Please help!

I am not a programmer I don't even use forums etc. I just am a user, I just need to be pointed in the right direction (I hope).

Louey2322

A good place to start is the rules (see the orange box at the top of the page? Click on that link). It will lead you to several valuable resources - especially Rule #6, which explains why your post looks a little bit different. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

To go to the tutorials, simply go to the board index > Paint.NET Discussion > Tutorials

There, you will see a bunch of topics, and if you click them, you'll be able to view the diffrent tutorials.

If you want a specific plugin, you should use search from the main page.

To install it, download and go to C:>Program Files> Paint.NET> Effects and paste the .dll into that folder. It should then show up the next time you use PDN.

I hope I answered at least some of your questions.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

thankyou very much for the replies

to david - yes i did read the rules first but have been looking so long it didn't register, sorry.

to 007nab, thanks, I found what i wanted again by following your link, when i tried to download the dll file, well I used open because I thought it would just go where it is supposed to but windows said it didn't recognise it - sorry that was nearly 2 hours ago can't remember what the "it" was.

Again thank you very much for answering

Louey2322

Louey2322, did you unzip the file before you copy & pasted the .dll file? If you didn't then that is probably why it isn't working.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D