Straight Lines with freeform tool

I need to create a polygon with sides varying in length. This polygon also needs to be filled. Microsoft Paint has a polygon tool to do this perfectly, but the freeform tool in paint.net is useless because it doesn't let me link together straight lines. I've searched for plug-in and I've come across one that lets me create equilateral polygons, but this is pointless for my needs. Is there something I'm missing?

Hello dman99.

No, there is nothing you're missing. The best that can be done in your circumstance is the following:

1) create a new layer;

2) draw out the shape you desire using the Line / Curve tool, in the colour you wish;

3) with the Paint Bucket, fill the shape;

4) merge the layers if necessary. If you plan on further editing, I would recommend against merging so you can manipulate as needed more easily.

If the plugins are not what you look for, this is the best method (that I can think of) to do what you request. Doesn't stop anyone else coming in with a more convenient method, however.