I want to remove all but one color from a photo.

My friend's camera has an effect that removes all color but black, white, and any chosen color, seen in a photo I took here:

Royal_Flush_by_MisterE73.jpg

All color is removed except for black, white, and red.

I would like to edit other full color pictures to this effect, but playing around with hues/saturation and curves have not helped at all. If anyone can help that would be wonderful.

Thanks.

My friend's camera has an effect that removes all color but black, white, and any chosen color, seen in a photo I took here:
My camera (Canon G9) has that option too. It can also swap colors. However, using the in-camera effect yields nowhere near the same quality results I get from pdn. My camera is 12mp but I have to shrink the image down to 800x600 for the in-camera effect to look ok...

To sum it up...use the methods posted, not the camera. This is what Rick would call "cowbell". :P

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Tanel:

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Kreeos:

Thanks for the good idea, I think I'll use this for when I want to pop a certian object of multiple colors instead of scattered colors all across the picture.

Thanks a lot to everyone that helped. ^^

You made me quite happy today.