remove items from picture.

I just read the good reviews on BetaNews and decided to try the Paint.net. One of the features that attraced me was photo-correction. The article spoke of how wires were removed from the foreground of a picture of the Seattle Space Needle. How do i remove such clutter from a picture? An example is a pic i have of my sons playing game cube. I want to remove the half eaten hot dog off the couch, and other debris about the room, (not wanting to make a political statement about gamecube) :) . I think the converse of that answer would be how to add images to a pic, correct?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this paint.net

Mark.

Using the Clone Stamp tool, the power lines that criss-crossed in front of the Space Needle were carefully removed.

Note the added emphasis on "carefully" :)

Removing the hot dog won't be automatic or "free": you'll have to work for it. Basically what you do is set up an location on the image to copy from by Ctrl+clicking with the Clone Stamp tool. Usually a nearby area works best -- something with roughly the same color or pattern that you want to use. You'll see the circle brush preview resting at that point, slowly pulsating. You can then draw just like with the regular brush, but it will copy from that anchor area, and the area it copies from will move with your mouse.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg